What is NoSQL?
A NoSQL database provides a mechanism for storage and retrieval of data in a fast response time,
usually within milliseconds.
- On-relational and schema-less data model.
- Low latency and high performance.
- Highly scalable.
NoSQL use cases:
- Application requiring horizontal scaling.
For example: Mobile app with millions of users.
- User Preferences- Get data per user.
- Low latency and session state-
for example: Capturing cookie state- In the ad tech and large scale web servers
- Thousand of requests per seconds (WRITE only).
For example: Reality shows- large scale of voting in a short period of time.
NoSQL antipattern use cases:
BI and analytical database.